Monday, August 30, 2010

Last couple of weeks



Hi Everyone, sorry for the lack of posts. This time, I was just too busy from work to do anything besides work. It's been a long 2 months, but my little startup company had finally reached a definitive merger agreement and is being acquired. I've been helping with due diligence, the signing process and am now helping to try close the deal and transition into the big company. Hopefully after we close, my life will get back to a more normal status and I'll be able to update more regularly!

Of course, I tried to ask David to put up a post, but he said I was "better" at doing them. I think it's just a code word that makes it okay for him to avoid doing something. =)

Two weekends ago, we celebrated our anniversary. David had planned a trip to San Francisco to do all the touristy things. We stayed at a hotel in Fisherman's wharf and explored Pier 39. For dinner, we went to La Folie, which was delicious! We both had 5 course meals and each had something different so we could try lots of items. We only took 1 photo since the restaurant is pretty fancy.


You can barely tell but that's a little basket made of potato strings in the front with a fried quail egg.

On Sunday, we went to Marin headlands to try and take a picnic, but it was relatively windy and the place we hoped to go to was closed. We did explore the lighthouse in the Marin headlands. Afterwards, we went to Saulsalito to explore and have a picnic before we got massages. David had specifically found a place that specializes in massages for pregnant people. We ended our weekend with dinner at House of Prime Rib. Yum!

Last weekend, we went to Tahoe to spend some time with David's parents. Unfortunately, I had a lot of work to do and only left the timeshare once a day for a meal. Otherwise, I was stuck doing work! Even though I was busy, it was nice to be away and see Tahoe in the summer. Hopefully, next time I can explore it some more! David's mom took some photos and when she sends them, I'll put them up.

And finally this past weekend, work had slowed down a bit, but not totally. I went shopping with my friend, Sue, on Saturday for a couple of hours and it was nice to feel like a normal person again. On Sunday, I ran errands with Dave since it was our only free weekend in awhile and my parents will be here the next 2 weekends. Unfortunately, he doesn't like when I add in a little shopping into our errand running, but I figure if we're already at the mall... =)

Since we're lacking in photos in this post, here are some of the bigger projects that I made before work became too crazy.
Changing Pad Cover - I had bought the materials before we knew it was a boy/girl so I had picked a gender neutral pattern.


Nursing Cover


Diaper Bag


The inside of the diaper bag has 4 pockets.

Besides these bigger projects, I took some plain diapers and added some fabric to make them into cuter burping cloths. I only did a few before work got too cray. Maybe one day I'll show you the whole set of them.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I've got a wedding cake/showpiece to make in the next week for Rudy/Laney's wedding over Labor Day, so I'll make sure to take some photos of it for the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment